COMSTECH in partnership with the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) General Secretariat, Ministry of Innovative Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) is organizing the first OIC Robotics Challenge (ORC) in Tashkent, Uzbekistan within the framework of INNOWEEK of the Government of Uzbekistan.
The ORC takes place in the UZEXPOCENTRE exhibition center, Tashkent, from 27 to 31 of October, 2019 and is restricted to participants from OIC Member States with ages between 17 and 23 years.
OIC ROBOTICS CHALLENGE 2019
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR PARTICIPANTS
- A team should consist of no more than three participating members.
- In addition to the participating members, each team can be accompanied by a senior person as Team Manager/Mentor. In such a case the Team Manager would need to support his/her own travel.
- A team should register all the team members (and Manager, if any) in the online Registration form. Any team without complete registration will not be considered for participation.
- The age limit is 17 to 23 years.
- Teams that are selected for participation by the ORC Jury would be notified by email.
- The detailed rules & regulations of each category can be downloaded from here .
- When registering, teams should identify which category of the competition they wish to participate in. A team can participate in both categories if they wish to do so.
- All teams should plan to arrive in Tashkent no later than October 27th 2019.
- Attractive cash prizes would be awarded to the top 3 teams in each category.
- Participants would have the opportunity to have a guided tour of some of the exciting INNOWEEK activities being held concurrently.
WHAT IS FUNDED?
- Travel support for 2 team members of an international team. In case of 3 participating members, the team would have to find support for him/her by itself. A maximum of 50-60 international participants would be provided travel support, depending on the actual fare required.
- Boarding and lodging for 5 days (27-31 October), for international participants
- Transportation to and from the Tashkent International Airport named after Islam Karimov, Central Railway Station Tashkent – Northern (for international and regional participants)
- Transportation to and from the UZEXPOCENTRE exhibition center.
* Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Govt. of Uzbekistan will help the participants with visa issues, if required.
Total Prize Money – $21,000